Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Complaining!

It's my birthday dinner, every year we go to the special sushi place. I order the dragon roll, and the wild roll. The wild roll arrives fine: It has crab, avocado and salmon. But the dragon roll arrives and immediately I notice it has cucumber on it in addition to the crab, unagi and avocado. I could call the waiter over right now tell him the mistake and it would be corrected instantly. He would apologize profusely and we might get a free side of something delicious. However deep down inside I do not want to challenge the authority. A million scenarios flash through my head. The waiter could laugh hysterically and pull out a copy of the menu and say oh no, it does have cucumber in it, then the entire gallery would point and laugh at me. The waiter could fall over crying saying that if he got one more order wrong this week he would be fired. The waiter could look me dead in the eye and say, what do you have to complain about, millions of people are starving right now and then slap me across the face. All I know is nothing bad will happen to me if I suck it up and pick out the cucumbers. I lack the assertiveness to change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment