Friday, October 12, 2012

Research Paper Topic: Arab Spring

1) For my research paper topic I will be researching the "Arab Spring" or the transition of Islamic nations from dictatorship to democracy in the past 3 years.
2) There is so much that is controversial about this topic. For one it is contemporary so everyone has different views about what caused it. People also don't know what's next and what it means for the country-to-country relationships in the middle east.
3) I will be using news articles, editorials, magazine articles. There is a plethra of resources available online on this topic. Many writers have made a reputation on this topic and other writers with a reputation have tackled this topic.
4) To me the Middle East is the most fascinating and important region of the world right now. Things are constantly evolving there and the oil they have is extremely important to the world. I am doing this paper because I am curious, right now I have a barely formulated opinion and I would like to see what else is out there and see what opinion I emerge with after significant research.
5) I don't think this topic is particularly popular, it is fairly new. And whatever the case I feel that my opinion and research will differ greatly than someone else in the class who tries it, because I have my own analysis and they would have theirs.
6) Do you think this topic is too broad?

No comments:

Post a Comment